Strength of results consistency and agreement for overtone line intensities across labs examined

Credit: Pixabay/CC0 Public Domain Researchers from the Institute of Physics at the Nicolaus Copernicus University participated in research into the intensities of the overtone lines. Teams from the National Institute of Standards and Technology in the US and the Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB) in Germany also conducted their measurements. Theoretical calculations were carried out by a … Read more

The strength of the strong force

Credit: Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility Much ado was made about the Higgs boson when this elusive particle was discovered in 2012. Though it was touted as giving ordinary matter mass, interactions with the Higgs field only generated about 1 percent of ordinary mass. The other 99 percent comes from phenomena associated with the strong … Read more